Table of Contents
- What is Nitro Brew Coffee?
- Best Nitro Brew Coffee Makers
- 1. Hario Mizudashi Cold Brewing System – Easiest To Use
- Hario MCPN-14B Mizudashi Cold Brew Coffee Pot about costs $21 at Amazon
- 2. Filtron Cold Brewing System – Best Batch Brewer
- Filtron Cold Water Coffee Concentrate Brewer about costs $43 at Amazon
- 3. OXO Brew Cold Brewing System – Best Overall
- OXO Brew Cold Brew Coffee Maker about costs $56 at Amazon
- 4. KitchenAidBrew Cold Brewing System – Best Designed Cold Brewer (Classiest)
- KitchenAid KCM4212SX Cold Brew Coffee Maker-Brushed Stainless Steel about costs $55 at Amazon
- 5. Cold Bruer Cold Brewing System – Best Slow Drip Cold Brew
- Cold Bruer Drip Coffee Maker B1, Blue about costs $79 at Amazon
- 6. Royal Brew Cold Brewing System – Best for Nitro Home Cold Brew
- Royal Brew Nitro Cold Brew Coffee Maker Home Keg Kit System about costs $179 at Amazon
- 7. Keg Storm Cold Brewing System – Best Choice of Diy Coffee Lovers
- KEG STORM Nitro Cold Brew Coffee Maker 64 Ounce Mini Stainless Steel about costs $100 at Amazon
- 8. NutriChef Pressurized Growler Tap System
- NutriChef Pressurized Growler Tap System – Stainless Steel Mini Keg Dispenser Portable Kegerator Kit – Co2 Pressure Regulator Keeps Carbonation for Craft Beer, Draft, and Homebrew about costs $140 at Amazon
- 9. Royal Brew Nitro Cold Brew Coffee Maker – Best for Nitro Home Cold Brew
- Royal Brew Nitro Cold Brew Coffee Maker Home Keg Kit System (Stainless Steel 128 oz) about costs $220 at Amazon
- 10. The Yama Cold Brew Tower – For True Cold Drip Fanatics
- Yama Glass YAMCDM8SBK Coffee Tower with Iced Slow Drip Technology, 6-8 Cup Cold Brew Maker about costs $259 at Amazon
- The Wondrous Innovation That is Nitro Brew
- How is Nitro Brew Made?
- What Makes Nitro Brew So Smooth and Velvety?
- The Booming Business of Nitro Brew
- Recommended Reading
What is Nitro Brew Coffee?
Turn the TV on and you’ll see an endless slew of cooking shows where chefs are armed with gloves and goggles.
You’ll see them lugging steel canisters that seem unfit for the kitchen; something more suited for a science laboratory.
What is inside the canister, most might ask? Two words: liquid nitrogen.
With the popularity of molecular gastronomy came about one of, if not the trendiest ingredient ever used in a kitchen.
What is Liquid Nitrogen?
As per the Wikipedia:
The air that we breathe is around 78% nitrogen in a gaseous state, 21% oxygen and 1% various other gases. In order to produce liquid nitrogen, the air is first liquefied. Nitrogen is then separated through distillation. Since nitrogen’s boiling point is -195.8°C (-320.5°F). Thus, liquid nitrogen is very cold; it is a liquid that is ‘cryogenic.’
The Role of Liquid Nitrogen in the Kitchen
Liquid nitrogen is extremely cold thereby its primary purpose is to quickly freeze food products. Although the speed at which liquid nitrogen can freeze food is quite astonishing, professional chefs are more interested in the way it freezes food.
Inside a standard freezer, large ice crystals are formed as food is frozen. These ice crystals have a tendency of affecting the product’s consistency. The beauty of liquid nitrogen is that the ice crystals formed during the freezing process are smaller — microscopic even.
As a result, the end-product is food that carries a velvety consistency. This is precisely the reason why nitrogen-frozen ice cream is all the rage these days.
1. Hario Mizudashi Cold Brewing System – Easiest To Use
The Hario firm has been designed since before you were born coffee brewing equipment, and also the Mizudashi brewer is among the creations. The Mizudashi includes a metallic mesh filter that is nontoxic and simplifies the paper filter restricting waste.
2. Filtron Cold Brewing System – Best Batch Brewer
The Filtron is among the best nitro cold brew coffee makers on the Marketplace.
Both a paper and wool reusable filter in Addition to a grounds Shield disk that greatly lessens the quantity of grit and sediment in the last extraction. The nicer filtering also will help to truly highlight and flaunt more glowing flavors in the java — which means that you will get a super clean cold brew in the long run, which can be all that matters.
3. OXO Brew Cold Brewing System – Best Overall
To help improve the cold brew process. The patented Rainmaker coffee extraction lid helps to evenly disperse water over the grounds ensuring total saturation. This helps to reduce any over-extraction and bitterness on your java.
Our favorite feature — the nifty brew release change so once Your coffee’s ready, you have complete control over the pouring of the focus (i.e. no need to skillfully unplug the brewer and aim it in the decanter, like you would with other brewers).
4. KitchenAidBrew Cold Brewing System – Best Designed Cold Brewer (Classiest)
KitchenAid does Not Create the best cold brew I Have ‘d, but more attention went into its design compared to any other bud I have listed. It is made from steel and thick glass with a built-in grip and a spigot for dispensing cold brew–ideal when you’ve got a shelf to place it in or outside of the refrigerator. (There is also an XL variant that retains 40-ish oz of coffee and contains a rack to sit down on the countertop.
It’s a stainless steel grounds tray (using a grip!) that You put in the bigger glass container. It states it holds 28 oz, but I readily fit 32. Allow it to sit for 12 or more hours as normal (24 in the event that your refrigerator it), and you are all set. The steel filter is overly porous and does allow a great deal of sediment throughout, but KitchenAid Gently has a textured underside that allows the grit to settle on the faces of the floor.
- Enjoy the smooth, rich full-bodied flavor; simply, fill with Coffee and cold water, steep, and enjoy.
- Small footprint perfect fit for any fridge or kitchen Counter
- Compact design with stainless and glass steel Components to maintain taste, for simple use and cleaning
- Reusable stainless steel steeper allows you to brew the beverage of your choice and can be labeled to take the guesswork out of the brewing process.
5. Cold Bruer Cold Brewing System – Best Slow Drip Cold Brew
Rather than pouring a bunch Of grounds to water and allow it to sit the Bruer lets water drip. It is simple, although it seems little bananas initially. Once these reasons dampen, set a paper filter snap from the silicone seal, and put the container. Fill the part with ice and water up, then twist the knob at the center to slow or accelerate the drip-you need a fall per second–as needed.
6. Royal Brew Cold Brewing System – Best for Nitro Home Cold Brew
Royal Brew Nitro Cold Brew Coffee Maker includes a keg Charger plus a tap. It appears nearly identical to what you would use for beer setup for your house. This cold brew method can create over a liter of flavorful brew that is cold.
Enjoy the taste without paying for Nitro Brew coffee In a coffee shop every moment! unlimited homebrews: your brew coffee will taste better and stay fresh by incorporating Nitrogen!
Modeled after beer dispensing systems Stout beer faucet and gas mix which work together to make a rich body shirt similar to your draught beer. Enjoy an iced coffee without the necessity of dairy, creamer, or sweeteners!
Enjoy a frothy coffee without the need for sweeteners, dairy, or creamer!
7. Keg Storm Cold Brewing System – Best Choice of Diy Coffee Lovers
KEG STORM Nitro Cold Brew Coffee Maker Stainless Steel Mini Keg Homebrew Coffee Nitrobrew Home Kit 64OZ. Brew your own exclusive cold coffee at home. It is very convenient for camping, hiking, picnic, BBQ, celebration or other outdoor activities with your friends and family. It is actually a perfect present.
To get nitrogen to the Liquid, the tap will be a restrictor plate to squeeze out on the beverage giving the drink a head that is smooth and smooth. The nitrogen impact cuts the acidity that’s tied to traditional cold brew, which makes it easier in the stomach. Because the coffee remains in the tap, the tap is ceased working in the state of coffee, dripping outside.
Nitro cold brew is where Mathematics is met by coffee, Nitrogen gas doesn’t readily dissolve in water, giving a milder, more velvety mouthfeel to the brew. 50-Pack N 2 O Whipped Cream Chargers. I Si 10-Pack N 2 O Cream Whipper Chargers. Nitrogen Capsule Not Nitrogen and carbon dioxide are harmonious, long: 2-3 / 4″, Hunt at the B 00007 JXR 5You can get the perfect Nitrogen capsules.
- Dimensions: 7 x 13.9 x 7 inches.
- Item Weight: 5.45 Pounds.
- 64 OZ NITRO cold coffee for coffee brings the softest out And much natural taste.
- Easy to use – Easy to clean – Mini size Simple to carry.
- Specific wrench, clean brush. You can use these tools to Debug and wash.
- Do not hurt your hand while opening the faucet.
Conventional growers will let the beer go flat after the initial pour. That’s the reason it’s advised that you think about a high excellent house beer keg dispenser such as the NutriChef Pressurized Growler Tap System. It has everything it takes to keep beer fresh and tasty for up to a couple of months
To maintain carbonation for the craft beer, homemade or draft beer, then here is The pressurized growler for you personally. The growler includes a C02 pressure regulator that assists in maintaining the carbonation for beers that are such a choice to try out. The growler is substantial in size because it contains around 64Oz. In addition to this, it’s screwed on the lid. It is a growler that may function for long. For the removal of this tap hardware, it features a valve.
More interestingly, the growler comes with an updated regulator that assist in Monitoring the PSI from its own regulator gauge
- Stainless steel structure: The S/S 304 stainless steel is heavy-duty And promises to defy the demands of routine usage
- Length pressure regulation limit
- 128 Oz capability: It is large enough to supply you with a keg
- Steel screw-on lid: simpler transportation and storage. In other words, it boosts an advantage.
- Tap faucet manages: It Is Useful when you want to pour draft Brew from a kegerator.
- An updated CO2 tap system
- It is easily portable
- Aids in maintaining carbonation
- Comes with all of the setups that is Important elements and hardware
NutriChef Pressurized Growler Tap System – Stainless Steel Mini Keg Dispenser Portable Kegerator Kit – Co2 Pressure Regulator Keeps Carbonation for Craft Beer, Draft, and Homebrew about costs $140 at Amazon
9. Royal Brew Nitro Cold Brew Coffee Maker – Best for Nitro Home Cold Brew
Here is an excellent example of the ways in which People have earned cold brew coffees. And the fantastic news is that this one gives you a drink in record time only one reason why it ranks really high on our list. It will require you to depart the keg from the fridge for an hour after completing it, but this is still a period that is considerably briefer than any cold brewing procedures demand.
With this one, you’re using the Nitrogen or Nitrous Oxide Capsules to make a beverage. The pressure from the capsule pushes the brew in your cup or glass and you end up with flavorful foam which adds a brewed coffee and some personality.
The brand Is Quite clear about the fact that performance is Determined by how complete the keg is made by you. Preferably it needs to fill to 50 percent with coffee just, but 75 percent is acceptable. It might be that it’s just too high if yours does not wish to operate.
One thing to keep in mind when buying is that the size of the product makes sure it fits your Refrigerator. If not, you will not be able to use it often so it will be very wasteful
Modeled after the stout beer with stout beer faucet and a particular gas mix that function together to make a super-smooth body with a top similar to your draught beer. Love a frothy iced coffee without the need for milk, creamer, or sweeteners!
- Dimensions: 13 x 7 x 7 inches
- Item Weight: 6.35 pounds
- Beautiful, durable, food-grade stainless steel 128 oz keg
- Coffee spear with a pressure relief valve that is exceptional
- Stout creamer faucet
- Nitrogen (N) capsule holder casing; Faucet/Tower Combo Wrench
- Tap Plug; Cleaning Brushes; Plastic hose
- Colour: Black and Silver
Royal Brew Nitro Cold Brew Coffee Maker Home Keg Kit System (Stainless Steel 128 oz) about costs $220 at Amazon
The Yama Cold Brew Tower is a distinctive and beautiful looking piece of gear, designed to brew on the countertop as opposed to at the refrigerator. The unit involves. The coffee, because it’s expressed, will drip through a spiral glass tube and accumulate in a gorgeous globe-shaped serving.
Why is this Countertop brewer unique is that instead of immersing the coffee, the Yama Tower melts ice cold water on the grounds. This slow dripping of water provides you also the strength of your coffee and control over the brew. You will also have the ability to watch as the coffee is brewed letting you increase or reduce the rate of flow for better outcomes.
Intuitive and controlled trickle cold brew systems provide the smooth and fat-free coffee ideal for any coffee shop, cafe, home and office. We pride ourselves and ease that the Yama Cold Brew Tower provides.
The adjustable valve permits the user to set their preferred frequency of drip from 1 to 1.5 seconds, which will restrain the boldness of the brew. This brewing procedure results in a brew over 3-4 hours instead of 24hrs.
PPREMIUM handcrafted, hand-blown Borosilicate Glass which is non-porous and doesn’t absorb odors or substances making sure each brew is as fresh and pure as intended. WOODEN TOWER is made from genuine wood with a gorgeous mid-century style ideal for cafe, virtually any house or business.
Yama Glass YAMCDM8SBK Coffee Tower with Iced Slow Drip Technology, 6-8 Cup Cold Brew Maker about costs $259 at Amazon
The Wondrous Innovation That is Nitro Brew
Cold brewing is an old concept but a rather popular modern take on preparing coffee. It involves the prolonged steeping of coarsely-ground coffee beans in cold water; delivering a more powerful and flavorful cup of java without most of the acid content or bitter elements.
Although cold brew coffee has grown to be immensely popular, its counterpart, nitrogen-infused cold brew or nitro brew for short, is catching up quite fast. Nitro brew broke into the mainstream coffee market in 2013.
Nitro brew started as a niche coffee product that only a few coffee junkies knew about. Its success can be attributed to the efforts made by a commercial coffee chain to implement the product across hundreds of stores around the world.
It is a cold coffee drink that is served in a glass. Upon first look, you would think that you have just been served a cold, frosty glass of beer; but what you are getting is a creamy coffee drink with a hint of chocolate that hits the tongue in all the right places.
Unlike other coffee drinks, this is stronger in terms of its potency and caffeine content.
Infused with nitrogen, not only does the coffee look very much like a glass of Guinness beer but it also gives off an extra smooth and velvety consistency, much like a very fine milkshake but sans the milk or cream.
How is Nitro Brew Made?
To make the nitro brew, the barista starts with cold brewed coffee. Coarsely-ground beans are steeped for 24 hours and are diluted with water. A 50:50 ratio is applied. Canisters of nitrogen gas are connected to the draft system.
Upon serving, the coffee is released through a pressurized valve. As it is drawn from the tap, it is infused with the nitrogen gas. The coffee is forced out of the tap using a very high pressure creating the smooth, creamy, and stout-like consistency.
Those who have tried nitro brew can attest to its smooth and clean taste. Compared to other coffee beverages, the overall drinking sensation here is often described as silky.
When it is served, no ice is added as this will further dilute the drink. It is an ideal option for people who simply love black coffee as it is said that the best way to drink nitro brew is upfront black – no milk or sugar necessary.
What Makes Nitro Brew So Smooth and Velvety?
As the cold brew coffee passes through the draft tap, the infusion of nitrogen gas causes these very small ice crystals to form leading to the velvety consistency that nitro brew is famous for.
The minuscule ice crystals give the beverage it’s cool temperature and smooth texture; similar to how milk or cream works on a milkshake.
What people don’t realize is that it is the sensation of ice crystals that they are feeling and not any additional frothing ingredient.
Aside from the gas, the pressurized system also adds to the smoothness of nitro brew. Apart from the nitrogen, the air is also added as the cold brew passes through the tap.
It is comparable to how whipping cream is formed when a chef whisks it for several minutes.
The Booming Business of Nitro Brew
These days, it is not that easy to find a coffee shop that does not offer cold or nitro brew coffee on the premises. The product is truly something that can help any coffee place stand out from the competition.
The thing about nitro brew is that it does not only offer an alternative coffee drink for coffee lovers. What it provides is a completely different and truly unique coffee drinking experience that will keep people clamoring for more.
For one, nitro brew eliminates the need for milk and sugar in coffee. It carries a complex flavor that is able to compensate for the lack of these two additional ingredients resulting in a fuller-bodied yet somewhat healthier alternative to traditional coffee.
Although some people may be quick to judge it as a mere coffee trend, the rising popularity of and favor over nitro brew begs to differ.
And as the coffee industry continues to experiment with it, it is safe to say that people can expect the cold and nitro brew concepts to expand into other products that won’t only be available in neighborhood coffee shops.